Faldo verde (Green Soup), the national soup of Portugal, also happens to be among the great regional dishes of southeastern New England where it’s also known as “Portuguese soup.” We enjoy this dish during warm summer nights or cold winter days.
- 2/3 pound kale or collard greens, well washed and drained
- 3/4 pound pound Portuguese linguisa or chourico sausage links (slice & quartered).
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Red or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, halved, quartered and diced (1 inch)
- 6 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot dry red pepper flacks or more to taste (optional)
Know what we love about Spring and Summer? Fresh fruits and veggies! Especially when we spend so much time planting and caring for these beauties. Well, whether you have a farm like us, a small garden at home, access to a local farmer’s market, or a supermarket nearby, this quick and easy recipe is sure to delight!
And yes, its light AND nutritional. Continue reading Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey Vanilla Yogurt Recipe in Under TEN Minutes
Make Your Own Winter Apple Jelly in Under 15 Minutes!
Apple Jelly is a delicious snack. You can serve it on flapjacks or make a healthy peanut butter and (apple) jelly sandwich.
- 1 qt apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 to 6 drops food coloring, optional
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Continue reading Make Your Own Winter Apple Jelly in Under 15 Minutes!