Adding a high tunnel will allow us to start planting sooner, help keep pests away, and allow us to harvest later into the year. Continue reading High Tunnel Growing
Hope you’re all having a terrific start to the summer!
We’ve had a few drawbacks and some leaps forward. This weekend we attempted to attach the green house cover but the conditions weren’t ideal. We experienced some wind and this made the green house plastic cover act like a Kite. We’re lucky we didn’t get tossed around or get hurt =)
We are happy to announce that our High Tunnel Addition is
complete! For a majority of 2016 we’ve been building a high tunnel to help us prolong the harvest season.
Adding a high tunnel will allow us to start planting sooner, help keep pests away, and allow us to harvest later into the year.
We will be sharing behind the scenes footage of the structure going up, as well as the amazing new crops we’ll be planting and harvesting during the 2017 season. Continue reading Introducing Our High Tunnel
Faldo verde (Green Soup), the national soup of Portugal, also happens to be among the great regional dishes of southeastern New England where it’s also known as “Portuguese soup.” We enjoy this dish during warm summer nights or cold winter days.
- 2/3 pound kale or collard greens, well washed and drained
- 3/4 pound pound Portuguese linguisa or chourico sausage links (slice & quartered).
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Red or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, halved, quartered and diced (1 inch)
- 6 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot dry red pepper flacks or more to taste (optional)
Have you ever tried Kale Chips? Crunchy and addictive Kale Chips are a great alternative to eating unhealthy and salty chips. Drop the junk food and pick up a nutritional snack that fills your appetite. Continue reading Easy Bake Kale Chips