Make Your Own Winter Apple Jelly in Under 15 Minutes!
Apple Jelly is a delicious snack. You can serve it on flapjacks or make a healthy peanut butter and (apple) jelly sandwich.
- 1 qt apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 to 6 drops food coloring, optional
- 5-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine apple juice, pectin, lemon juice and the optional food coloring in a dutch oven.
- Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly.
- Stir in sugar and return to a full boil. Continue stirring and boiling for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, remove the foam that forms and stir in cinnamon.
- Ladle the hot mixture into hot sterilized jars, leaving approximately 1/4-in. headspace.
- Remove air bubbles; wipe rims and adjust lids.
- Process for 5 minutes in a boiling-water canner.
You should now have approximately 7 half-pints you can stock or give away as gifts!
1 serving (1 each) equals 90 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
How do YOU enjoy your own jelly? Have you considered making your own apple juice, cider or jams? Contact us to get your organic apples today!