Spice up your snacking with some delicious Jalapeño Poppers. This make tasty and healthy treats you can enjoy with a nice cold beverage.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup grated sharp cheddar
- 6 large jalapenos, halved and seeded
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Continue reading Jalapeno Poppers
This chopped kale salad is fresh and full of those Greek flavors we all love! Perfectly healthy and filling meal.
Yields: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 20 mins Continue reading Kale Greek Salad
Faldo verde (Green Soup), the national soup of Portugal, also happens to be among the great regional dishes of southeastern New England where it’s also known as “Portuguese soup.” We enjoy this dish during warm summer nights or cold winter days.
- 2/3 pound kale or collard greens, well washed and drained
- 3/4 pound pound Portuguese linguisa or chourico sausage links (slice & quartered).
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound Red or Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled, halved, quartered and diced (1 inch)
- 6 cups water or chicken stock
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans (drained)
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon hot dry red pepper flacks or more to taste (optional)
Have you ever tried Kale Chips? Crunchy and addictive Kale Chips are a great alternative to eating unhealthy and salty chips. Drop the junk food and pick up a nutritional snack that fills your appetite. Continue reading Easy Bake Kale Chips
Now you KNOW we’ve had this day circled on our calendar for quite a while. Whether you know it or not, May 13th is National Apple Pie Day! We at Autumn Harvest Orchard, LLC grow some of the tastiest apples in New England (even if we’re a little biased ourselves).
NATIONAL APPLE PIE DAY National Apple Pie Day, “America’s favorite dessert” , is celebrated annually on May 13th. The first apple pie recipe printed was in England in 1381.
Source: NATIONAL APPLE PIE DAY – May 13
Do you have a favorite Apple Pie Recipe?
Here’s a few of our favorite Organic Apple Pie Recipes, enjoy!